Student Records and Registration Tutorials and FAQ

As a current student, how do I request my transcript?

Log into your myCanisius portal and go to Schedule and Registration → Request Official Transcript. All transcript requests are done via the National Student Clearinghouse with the option of sending them via snail mail, electronically, or pickup in the office during business hours.

As an alum/former student, how do I request my transcript?

Follow the link below, once on the page scroll down to “Alumni/former students not registered within the last year.” Here you will find our web page with instructions on how to request your transcript via the National Student Clearinghouse.

As a current student, how do I request an enrollment verification?

Log into your myCanisius portal and go to Schedule and Registration → Run Enrollment Verification.  ***If the semester you are requesting the verification for is a future semester that you are already registered for or it is week 1 or 2 of the semester you are currently in, please contact student services for this information.***

How do I register as a non-matriculated or auditing student?

Auditors and non-matriculated students from other colleges are required to complete an application and submit a copy of their state-issued driver’s license and unofficial transcript (if applicable). Additional details on how you can be registered, can be found by visiting our non-matriculating and auditing students page. 

How does Cross-Registration work?

Undergraduate students registered for 12 or more credit hours at Canisius are able to take a course at another participating area college/university via cross-registration. Interested students need to complete a cross-registration form, gather the appropriate advisor signature, and submit the form to the Student Records and Financial Services Center for review and approval by the college’s cross-registration officer. You will be notified once this process has been completed, and the form will be returned to you. You will then need to bring the form with you to register for classes at the participating institution. Additional information and instructions can be found by visiting:

How do I run/understand my GriffAudit?

Your degree audit can be accessed via your Student Profile found in the MyCanisius portal.  Instructions for running your audit, understanding your audit, and utilizing the “what-if” feature in the degree audit system can be found by visiting the “Learn about Student Profile” link on the MyCanisius portal:

Where do I find important academic dates and deadlines?

For questions regarding registration, withdrawal, pass/fail, holidays, and breaks, please refer to the academic calendar found in the Canisius University Catalog:

Why can’t I drop my last class?

Students can drop all but the last class from their schedule before the end of the add/drop period.
In order to get the final class removed from the schedule you need to contact the Student Records and Financial Services Center at 716-888-2600 or @email.

Did you receive my transcript from another school? How will I know?

Once received and processed, you will receive an email notification detailing how your transfer credit was applied to your Canisius degree program.